Monday 19 November 2012

THE BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER!

So I've tried many different types of Chocolate Chip Cookies, and they have all fallen short somehow.. They would have an odd aftertaste (the baking soda maybe?), be too dry, not have enough choco chips, too many choco chips, and the list goes on. I didn't even consider myself a chocolate chip cookie fan until THIS recipe crossed my path! I got it from the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook (15th edition, I believe). Here is my adaptation of it! Enjoy.




1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs (room temp - these can be taken out at the same time as the butter)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces (I use Bakers Semi-Sweet Chips)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

In a large mixing bowl beat vegetable oil and butter with an electric mixer (I use a Kitchen Aid - I fell even more in love with my husband for this Christmas gift!) on low to medium speed until mostly combined (the speed needs to stay lower to keep the vegetable oil from flopping out everywhere.

Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, and baking soda. Beat on medium to high speed until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.

Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.

Beat in half of the flour at medium speed. Reduce mixer speed to low (or 'Stir' on the Kitchen Aid) and add remaining flour.

Add chocolate chips, and incorporate using the lowest speed of the mixer.

Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 1-2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake in a 375 degrees F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for just a minute, and then transfer to a wire rack; cool. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment